In accordance with the ethical standards of the medical profession, The Medical Group of South Florida, Inc. complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex. Our practice also does not exclude people or treat them differently due to race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex. We offer the following:
- Free aids and services to people with disabilities to communicate effectively with us, such as:
- Qualified sign language interpreters
- Written information in other formats (large print, audio, accessible electronic formats, other formats)
- Free language services to people whose primary language is not English, such as:
- Qualified interpreters
- Information written in other languages
If you need these services, please let our practice know.
If you believe that our practice has failed to provide these services or discriminated in another way on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex, you can file a grievance in writing with:
The Medical Group of South Florida, Inc.
600 University Blvd., Suite 105
Jupiter, FL 33458
You may also contact Kim Sherman by phone at 561-622-6111 x1117, fax 855-215-9930 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may file a grievance in person or by mail, fax, or email. If you need help filing a grievance, we are available to help you.
You can also file a civil rights complaint with the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Office for Civil Rights, electronically through the Office for Civil Rights Complaint Portal, available at https://ocrportal.hhs.gov/ocr/smartscreen/main.jsf , or by mail or phone at:
U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
200 Independence Avenue, SW
Room 509F, HHH Building
Washington, D.C. 20201
(800) 368-1019, or 800-537-7697 (TDD)
Complaint forms are available at http://www.hhs.gov/ocr/office/file/index.htm