As we continue navigating through the coronavirus pandemic together, we want you to know the steps we’re taking to provide you with world class care – all while keeping our patients, our caregivers, and our community safe.
We can assure you that The Medical Group of South Florida is among the safest places in healthcare today.
Across the country, people are putting off important and even life-threatening healthcare needs because they’re afraid of being exposed to COVID-19. We understand these concerns. The novel coronavirus is still in our communities, and it’s still contagious.
By acting quickly in the early stages of this of pandemic, we’ve kept The Medical Group of South Florida a safe place. For nearly two months, we’ve been:
- Limiting visitors to our facilities.
- Providing proper personal protective equipment for caregivers.
- Disinfecting surfaces frequently.
- Checking the temperature of everyone who walks through our doors.
- Delaying appointments for preventative care.
- Postponing in-person appointments and utilizing virtual visits, whenever possible.
For the last two months, we’ve taken precautionary and supportive measures to ensure those caring for our patients are healthy and free of COVID-19.
Our doctors have been available for emergencies and will continue to remain on call. If you have a medical emergency, don’t hesitate to call 911 or go to your nearest emergency department.
As we begin welcoming all patients back for regular, routine care, we will continue making your safety a top concern. If your appointment or procedure was delayed, we’ll reach out to you to reschedule. You can also visit https://mgsfl.com/book-an-appointment/ and we will follow up to address your needs.
You can also expect our location to look a bit different as well.
- We’ve made adjustment to minimize the number of people in one area and allow for proper social distancing.
- You’ll have your temperature taken when you enter one of our locations and be given a mask to wear.
We will continue encouraging virtual visits, when appropriate, to minimize the need for in-person visits. If you do visit The Medical Group of South Florida, you should feel confident that you’re walking into a safe environment – because you are. When you need care, remember that we are here for every care in the world.
Thank you for your help keeping our facilities and communities safe.
Dr. Joshua Smith
Chief Executive Office
The Medical Group of South Florida