It’s normal to have some questions before your first online doctor’s visit. How does it work? Will a doctor see me right away? Can all conditions be treated online? This guide will help you understand what you can expect for your first online doctor’s visit.
What is an online doctor’s visit?
At the Medical Group of South Florida, you can have online doctor’s visits for many health services. These include general health, nutrition counseling, women’s health, physical therapy, and more. Just like an in-person visit, you meet with a board-certified doctor. On average, doctors at the Medical Group of South Florida have 15+ years of experience! The only difference is that you’re speaking to a doctor or healthcare professional through a phone, computer, or tablet. Online visits are especially helpful for cold and flu, sinus infections, congestion, UTIs, and other medical concerns. You can have a visit today!
How do I have a visit?
- Open the Healow App on your smartphone, tablet, or computer.
- Log in with your patient portal credentials.
- Tap on appointments.
- Select Televisit appointment, it should be the upper most appointment. This will appear as a box wirth the doctor’s name, time, and location.
- At the bottom of the screen tap “Start Televisit and grant any requested permissions.
- You will see a screen with the MGSFL logo untoil the doctor joins the visit. No further action is required on your part.
- For patients having difficulty setting this up, we are also doing FaceTime and regular phone calls.
What’s an online urgent care visit like?
Once your visit begins, you’ll see your selected doctor through video, or hear them through audio if you’re having a phone call visit. The doctor will ask you how you’re feeling and about your symptoms or concerns. They may ask you for assistance because they’re not there with you, such as a request to take your temperature, feel your neck for swollen lymph nodes, or open your mouth for a sore throat. After your exam, the doctor will give you a diagnosis or suggest a treatment plan to help manage your symptoms.
Online doctors are able to prescribe most, but not all, medications. If you need medicine, a doctor will submit a prescription to a pharmacy near you. In addition, if your provider determines you need in-person medical care, they may recommend you to have a follow-up visit at a healthcare facility.
Here are common conditions that our doctors provide care for:
- Strep throat
- Sinus infection
- Pink eye
- Cold Sores
- Stomach Flu
Common questions about online urgent care:
- Can I get a prescription? Yes, prescriptions are available as appropriate.
- How long is an online care visit? Most urgent care visits last about 10 minutes.
- Do I have to wait? On average, patients wait about 10 minutes or less to see a provider once they’ve requested a visit.
Benefits of online doctor visits:
- Convenience: Get care from home or on the go. You can talk to a doctor anytime, 24/7.
- Affordability: Urgent care visits cost a flat rate. (and often less with insurance).
- Privacy and security: The Medical Group of South Florida online doctor visits are private, secure, and HIPAA–compliant.
- Time: Skip the waiting room and see a doctor in minutes online.
Why try online care?
Talk to a doctor to get quick, quality care for many common concerns without having to leave home. There is a 94% patient satisfaction rate for patients who were “very” or “extremely” satisfied with our telehealth services and an average 4.7 rating for patient overall satisfaction of providers from The Medical Group of South Florida.
Now that you’ve learned more about online doctor visits, are you ready for your first visit? Book here!